Dale Rogers Training Center is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Dale Rogers Training Center takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of DRTC.org:
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. DRTC.org is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Additional accessibility considerations
Although our goal is WCAG 2.1 Level AA conformance, we have also applied some Level AAA Success Criteria:
Visual presentation of text and images has a contrast ratio of at least 7:1 (1.4.6);
Timing is not an essential part of DRTC.org (2.2.3);
When a session for a logged-in user expires, the user can continue the same activity upon re-authenticating without loss of data (2.2.5);
Web pages do not flash more than three times in any one-second period (2.3.2) ;
Section headings are used to organize content (2.4.10)
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of DRTC.org. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on DRTC.org:
- Phone: 405-946-4489
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal address: 2501 N. Utah Ave., Oklahoma City, OK 73107
- Facebook: @DaleRogersTrainingCenter
Instagram & Twitter: @DRTCorg
We try to respond to feedback within Two business days.
Accessibility of DRTC.org relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of DRTC.org, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for DRTC.org:
- Empty link on embedded YouTube videos: Links to play contain no text because there is no space currently for us to add information relating to the link in our theme. We are communicating with our theme developer to address this issue. Please use the ‘report issue’ button if you encounter an issue.
- Empty link on accordion menus: Links to open/close accordion contain no text because there is no space currently for us to add information relating to the link in our theme. We are communicating with our theme developer to address this issue. Please use the ‘report issue’ button if you encounter an issue.
Dale Rogers Training Center assessed the accessibility of DRTC.org by the following approaches:
This statement was created on December 10, 2019 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.